I would like to thank Wendi over at SimplyChronicallyIll for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Wendi shares her story of living simply with multiple chronic illness. Her words are honest, and I think you will be blessed by her thoughts so go check her out.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions for me:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging awards? I love reading the answers and getting to know other people around the world. The questions take us a little deeper into each other’s lives allowing us to see that we have many things in common. Having this community to interact with about our chronic pain/illness helps removes the feelings of isolation.
- If you were a sports car, which one would you want to be and why? It would have to be a Ford Mustang. The family business was an auto repair shop. My two older brothers had hot rods, and I was raised by them to love Fords. I was more of a tomboy than a girlie-girl, and I remember it as a time to spend time with my brother. I usually annoyed him to death but, secretly, I think he liked it that I was interested.
- If you could only eat one color of food for a week, what color would it be? My first thought is green. There is so many good for you foods that are green: Brussel sprouts, broccoli, butter beans (I’m a southern girl), asparagus, peas, and more than I cannot think of right now.
- What is your favorite movie line and why? From Hope Floats: “Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome. That’s what momma always says. She says that beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that when you find yourself at a new beginning. Just give hope a chance to float up. And it will, too…” I saw this movie for the first time during a new beginning in my life and the movie just resonated with me. This line always stuck with me. It is one of my favorite movies.
- If you had to leave your house and take only 10 things with you (excluding all living beings) what would they be? Cell phone to call people, pen and paper to write with, a box books to read, computer to keep up with the world, my favorite sweater that is a deep wine/cherry (somehow it goes with everything), my medicines, my cane. headphones (cannot live without music), my datebook (otherwise I won’t have a clue what I am supposed to be doing), and sun glasses to shade my eyes because I have sensitive eyes and have migraines easily.
- Describe yourself in two words. God’s Beloved.
- What is one sporting activity that you enjoy watching? Most anything racing or motorcross related. I grew up with brothers and they were big into fast cars. Now hubby and I are in to motorcross. He rides, I watch or video whenever I am physically able to do it.
- If you could give one piece of advice for all the world to hear what would it be? Do not be afraid to be vulnerable. There are so many misunderstandings because people do not say what they really feel. Insecurities hold people back from allowing others to truly know them. Since everyone has had varied life experience, we have a completely unique perception of the world than the next person. Hoping that the other person will figure out what you are thinking is setting yourself up for communication failure.
- What is your favorite encouraging quote? “You can’t fly if you don’t jump.” unknown. I am always too scared to jump. I am trying to overcome that.
- If you had to learn a made up language, which one would you choose and why? Pig Latin because it sounds cool.
- If you were to learn to play an instrument which one would you choose?A very long time ago, I played clarinet and the piano. If I had my piano, I would still play it. If I had time, I’d love to be able to play the guitar.
- When was the last time you changed your opinion/belief about something major?
- If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
- What is one of your favorite smells?
- What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
- What risks are worth taking?
- What small gesture from a stranger made a big impact on you?
- What makes a good life?
- What’s the title of the current chapter of your life?
- If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
- What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
- If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be?
As always, I would love to hear everyone’s answers, but I understand if you are unable to complete it.
Thanks to Simply Chronically Ill for the nomination.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.
Much Love and Many Prayer,