A big thank you to Tasha over at Pain Warrior Code for the nomination. Her message is full of hope, especially for our hard days with chronic pain, but her message is universal. Her Pain Warrior Code can be applied to any type of pain whether emotional or physical. She has a passion for encouraging other chronic pain warriors to keep their eye on the prize.
What is Mystery Blogger Award?
“This is an award for amazing bloggers with indigenous posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Thank whoever nominated you and include link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
3 Things About Me:
- I love to write with pen and paper instead of typing on a keyboard. There is just something about the flow of ink on the paper. My thoughts are fluid when I write that way.
- I know all the words to each song on the orginal Grease soundtrack.
- I always have Charms suckers in my pocketbook. I love them because they have chewing gum in the middle.
and anyone else that wants to participate.
1) What made you want to start blogging?
Honestly, finding out that many chronic pain patients are commiting suicide because their pain is not being treated properly. I needed something I could do from home and blogging made sense to me.
I prayed for years for God to give me a passion for something, something I couldn’t live without doing. I did not know that he would bring it to fruition through my own struggles with living with chronic pain.
2) As this award is about blogs that inspire and motivates – do you as a nominee have a mantra, proverb or saying that you live by?
I have the words “Still I rise.” tattooed on my inner wrist to remind me I am strong. I have survived. People think it is from Maya Angelo’s poem but it is inspired from Micah 7:8. The other part of the tattoo is “I am God’s beloved.” It is a reminder to myself to live loved.
3) If you had to choose one meal that you had to eat everyday for a month (without any health consequences), what would it be?
Hands down, provolone cheeseburger on fresh baked bun with lettuce, mayo & mustard and deep fried french fries. Since you said MEAL, and I consider dessert part of dinner, I would end it with blueberry cheesecake.
4) What is your favourite hobby/pass time?
Anybody that knows me would probably say talking, so I’ll go with that one.
5) What’s the best / worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
I usually give myself away very quickly when I have played a practical joke. I am not very good at them because of that, so I do not have any vivid memories of any jokes I played on anyone.
My Questions for Nominees:
- What’s the most surprising self-realization you’ve had?
- How do you hope you will change as a person in the future?
- What is the most annoying question that people ask you (if you have a chronic illness/pain, what is the most annoying question that people ask you about your illness/pain)?
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of and why?
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
This was fun! I can’t wait to hear everyone’s answers. Tasha, sorry this took me so long!
Much Love and Many Prayers,